Location: Chicago, IL
BPI, a highly regarded and impactful public interest law and policy center, seeks a Program Associate to enhance its team effectiveness, support its program and operations, and work on special projects.
BPI is a public interest law and policy center that has been at the front lines of social justice in the Chicago region for over 50 years. Known for its innovative and effective advocacy for racial and economic equity, today BPI is deeply engaged in advancing systemic change in policing, the criminal justice system, housing and community building, and early childhood learning. Most of BPI’s work is carried out in partnership with community-based organizations that directly engage people impacted by racial and economic injustice.
The organization’s lawyers and policy specialists employ a combination of legal and policy research, organizing, advocacy, and litigation, in collaboration with community organizations and advocates, and other partners. A collaborative and stimulating workplace, BPI is committed to offering opportunities to learn, grow, and contribute meaningfully to work that advances a just society.
The Program Associate will provide critical support to BPI’s programs and operations. This position will interact with staff across the organization and with external stakeholders to grow organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The Program Associate will be a resourceful and creative problem solver who possesses a positive attitude, has a high attention to detail, and is extremely organized.
The Program Associate will have the following primary responsibilities:
• Provide organizational and administrative support for BPI programs and operations;
• Create, maintain, and manage data sets in BPI’s program areas, operations and fundraising work;
• Create and update documents using Word, Excel, Canva, and PowerPoint;
• Schedule, coordinate, and organize meetings including calendaring, attendance, communications, logistics, and materials;
• Conduct non-legal research;
• Support the administrator of BPI’s internship and fellowship programs, including recruitment, hiring, and program administration;
• Provide technical support to staff and during virtual events;
• Maintain communications, reminders, resource sharing, create surveys and correspondence;
• File, organize, and maintain records and documents;
• Greet and assist visitors to BPI’s office; answer incoming calls; receive and distribute mail and deliveries;
• Contribute to the team effort in a cooperative and collaborative manner; and
• Complete other duties and special projects as assigned